Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Winter Flower Spray with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  It's a new month and a new release from:



This is such a lovely design.  I decided to go soft with my coloring
 this time.  Let me show you how I made my card.
I sized my image in the computer and also changed the color of the
outline to gray.  You can still see the outline in my finished card...it's
just not as stark as black.  I printed my image out onto Neenah 80lb
Classic Crest Solar White card stock.


I really want to color these poinsettias pink.  Pink poinsettias
 are so lovely in real life!


I decided a four-color blend would work the best as I was going
from very light to mid-dark with my colors.


I chose very muted tones for the supporting elements.


I chose to do the flower centers and the berry sprigs in metallic
watercolors from Maza.  I used Sunset and Myth for colors.  They
add just the right amount of sparkle to my card.


Copic colors used:
Flower Petals:  RV00, R81, R83, R85
Leaves:  W0, W3, W5, BG93
Acorns:  W3, E71, E77
After the coloring and painting were done, I fussy cut the image.


For my background papers, I used Jenine's Mindful Art Collection
from Studio Light.  All of the papers went so well with my
colored image.  I used a standard A2 size top folding white card
base.  I cut down one of the wood plank paper to
4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  To that I adhered the handwritten paper cut to
3 1/2" 4 3/4".  Then I used an oval die to cut an oval that was
not large, but large enough so you could see it peeking out here
and there beneath the colored panel.  I popped up the colored
image onto foam tape and my card was finished.


I love the soft look of this card.  You will find the design team has
done an amazing job with this digital stamp set!  Find it and more at


Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...