Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Autumn Wishes with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing more fall inspiration with products
from


This Autumn Wishes Stamp Set is a 3" x 4" set featuring this beautiful
pumpkin vignette!  Let me show you how I made my card.
I used a new-to-me product for my card - Fiber Paper.  This is a very
versatile product and I decided that I wanted to use it for my main
background.  I started by cutting a sheet of it down slightly.  Then,
using Chroma Mists in Bumblebee Yellow, Candy Apple Red and
Ornament Gold.  I sprayed some of each of these colors onto my glass
mat and mixed a little of the red with the yellow to make orange.


I mixed in the gold as well bit by bit.  I took my piece of Fiber Paper and
just gently laid it over top of these mists and let the piece get saturated
with color.  I did have to move it around a bit to get all the areas covered.
I didn't worry about getting even color.


The addition of the Ornament Gold gives this a bit of shimmer.  At this point I laid
it on some paper towels for a few minutes and then splattered it with the Candy
Apple Red.  I left it overnight to dry as it was really wet.


I took this picture right after I splattered on the Red.  Eventually, the
red soaked in and left little blotches...which I liked.  Next I moved 
onto the main panel.  I stamped out the main image from the stamp
set onto a piece of white card stock with Raven Detail Ink.


I was going to go in a different direction with this part, but it didn't work out.
I ended up stamping and coloring this image twice.  I'll show you my
original coloring here.


Even though this is a smaller image, the pumpkin in the middle can
pack a lot of punch when colored brightly.


I used my Copic markers to color this.
Colors used:
Stem: YG91, YG95, BG96
Pumpkin:  Y35, YR15, YR07, R39
Grapes: RV34, RV17, RV69
Leaves: BG93, BG96, YG95
Wheat Stalks: Y08, Y38
I had completely colored the first image.  When I changed my mind
about how I was going to put my card together, I stamped and colored
another pumpkin image, but didn't color the pumpkin.  I fussy cut the
pumpkin from my first image and then popped it up on foam tape
on my finished piece.  For my card base I used Lunch Bag Card Stock
and made a standard A2 size top folding card base and turned it
sideways.  Then I gathered all of my materials for the background.


I made a frame from the Lunch Bag Card Stock using the Rectangle
Foundation Dies.  I used the largest and second to the largest for the
outer frame.  I also made another frame from white card stock using
the second to the largest and third to the largest dies.  I cut one of
the Felt Doilies in Cranberry in half...eventually I would cut it
down further.  The Fiber Paper is semi-transparent so the color I put
it on with the Chroma Mists would be influenced by what I put beneath it.
The Lunch Bag Card Stock dulled it down too much, so I cut a piece of
scrap white card stock to place underneath it.


I assembled my base.


I took my colored panel and die cut it to 4" x 2 1/8".  I decided the
edges really needed some color so I ink blended the edges with
the Ornament Gold Chroma Mist.


This looked very gray to me and I needed to warm it up, so I ink blended with
Simon Hurley Inks, first in Guppy, then in Traffic Cone.  That gave me the
exact orange shade I was looking for to match the Fiber Paper.  And the
amazing thing is, the Ornament Gold Chroma Mist is still shining through
both layers of ink so it makes that panel look pearlized!  😊


I cut 3 more pieces of white card stock with the same stitched rectangle
die for that panel.  By adhering them all together, my panel was about
1/8" thick and nice and sturdy.


I adhered my panel to my card using liquid adhesive.  I foam taped
my pumpkin on and applied 3 little deep orange gems.  I also went
over the the tendrils with a Gelly Roll Stardust Pen for a little more sparkle.


I added a cranberry satin ribbon knot with tails at the top and 
the Felt Doily which was cut way down, but added a nice
filagree touch.


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial all about making a smaller
image stand out!  And by not putting a sentiment on it, I can use it
for many different occasions!  All of the products I've hi-lighted
in this post can be found at:


Thank you so much for stopping by.  I appreciate you spending
time here!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...