Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Fall Greetings with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more fall inspiration
using products from Brutus Monroe!


I don't know about you, but I'm still being inspired by the fall
colors - although they are fast fading.  For my card today I
decided to think outside the box!, by using a stamp in a completely
different way than it was intended!  I started out by making my own
glitter paper using Glitter Glaze in Garnet.  I took a piece of plum
card stock and using a palette knife applied the Glitter Glaze to
a piece that would be long enough to go across my card front.


While this was drying I worked on the other elements of my card.  I
stamped the main image from the Fall Greetings Stamp Set onto some 
bright yellow that matches the plaid piece I was using.  I used Golden


I decided to use Copics to color the leaves.  There was no
shading at all...just straight color.  Copic colors used:
Y08, Y38, YR04, YR07, R17, R37, R59 RV69
I tried to space out the colors evenly.


At this point my Glitter Glaze piece was dry.  I cut two 1/4" pieces.
My card base is the bright yellow card stock cut into an A2 size card.
My plaid piece, from the Playful Plaid Paper Collection, measures
3" which I adhered to the center of the card.  I then adhered the
2 Glitter Glazed pieces on either side of the plaid.


I cut another strip of the Glitter Glazed piece that measures
5" x 3/4".  I decided the edges needed a bit of definition
so I used gold peel-offs on both sides of the narrow glitter
pieces and on the center of the 5" piece which I then adhered
to the center of the card.


I then took my heat embossed colored panel and cut four
1 1/4" squares from them.  I popped those up on foam tape and
adhered them on top of the strip of glittered paper.


For my sentiment I took a sentiment stamp from the Tree of Thanks
Stamp Set and heat embossed it the Golden Gourd Embossing Powder 
onto some pearlized vellum that I tinted on the back with one of the orange Copic markers.



I fussy cut this out and then adhered it on top 
of the 3 squares.  I added some violet gems and that finished my card!


I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial.  The products found at


make it so easy to create beautiful seasonal cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate your
time and interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...