Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Autumn Harvest with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing more fall inspiration
with products from 


This was loads of fun to create with!  Let me show you how I
made my 5" x 7" card.  I started by heat embossing the elements
from the No Place Like Fall Stamp Set onto 90lb watercolor


I wanted to watercolor these elements with Chroma Mists.  I sprayed
some of the mists onto my glass mat.  I did mix colors.


The colors I used were:  Bumblebee Yellow, Candy Apple Red, Leaf
Green, and a touch of Cobalt Blue.


These Chroma Mists pack a powerful burst of color and that's
what I needed with the gold embossing.


Once these were dry, I die cut them with the coordinating  No
Place Like Fall Cutting Dies...so convenient.  I did end up having to
remake 2 of these elements...furry friends in my studio who
knock over cups of coffee!  Next I heat embossed the main
house stamp onto the same 90lb watercolor paper with the same
Golden Gourd Embossing Powder.  And using the Chroma Mists,
I watercolored this stamped image.


I wanted my card to be bright and cheery!
I was pleased with how this turned out!  I used brown quite a bit and I
mixed this color from the red, green and yellow Chroma Mists.  The
turquoise was a mix of green and blue.  I made a 5" x 7" card base
from Lunch Bag card stock.  I adhered a piece of plaid (of course!)
paper to this that measures 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".


I made my sentiment banner from Lunch Bag card stock heat
embossed with the Golden Gourd Embossing Powder.  I die
cut it and then fish-tailed the ends.  I cut down my main panel
to 4" x 5 1/4" and backed it with a dull gold paper.  I
adhered all of my elements onto the main panel.  Everything
was popped up on foam tape except for the Welcome mat which
I adhered flat to the card. And that finished my card!


I enjoy making scene cards and this one was so much fun!  You can
find the products I used at


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I really appreciate your
time and interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...