Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Fall Prairie Take #3 with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing another take using a fall
stamp set from


There are 32 stamps in this Fall Prairie Stamp Set!  So many
possibilities!  I decided to make a fall wreath with all of the
smaller elements in the set.  To begin, I stamped out all of the
elements I was going to use x 4!  I stamped them onto 90lb
watercolor paper as I wanted to use Aqua Pigments!


I really didn't know how many of these elements I would need but
I painted all of them!  I used Aqua Pigments in:  Green, Red and
Yellow/Orange.  I mixed colors to get more variation.


Now for the fussy cutting!!!  I don't have the dies, so I pulled up 
NetFlix on my computer and started cutting.  It really didn't take
as long as I thought it would - LOL!


I had 2 paper collections I was trying to decided on.  I finally went with
the plaid - big surprise there!  Just to make sure the elements would
harmonize with the papers I dumped my painted elements onto the plaid
paper from the Playful Plaid Paper Collection and made a loose wreath.


Next I needed to heat emboss my sentiment so I had cut down my
panel to 4" x 5 1/4".  I took my sentiment stamp and placed it on my
panel and heat embossed it with Golden Gourd Embossing Powder.
It's my favorite for this time of year!


Next, in order to get a nice round wreath, I die cut a black frame
for a guide to adhere my elements using the Circle Foundation Dies.


Even with just one layer on, you can see how the frame is
hidden, but it's keeping my elements nicely rounded!


I used almost all of my elements.  The extra bits left over I used as a
spray inside my card!  For a bit of bling I added some Gold Prism
Sequins and tucked them in here and there.


I mounted this panel onto some bright yellow card stock that
measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and then mounted the panel onto
a standard A2 size top folding card that I covered with a
bright blue card stock and my card was finished!


I hope you enjoyed tutorial.  If you have this stamp set - what
have you made?  We love to see your creations in our FaceBook
Group.  Remember, you can buy the products that I used today
over at


Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate
your time and interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...