Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Fall Leaves with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Fall is here and the leaves are so colorful!  I wanted
to create a fall woods vibe with my card today!  I'll be using products from:


Let me show you how I made my card!  I knew I wanted to use the
Chroma Glaze with a stencil, so I did that first.  I used a piece of the
Mustard Seed card stock and stenciled on Chroma Glaze using the
Basket Weave Stencil.


This Chroma Glaze is cloudy when it's wet, but it dries translucent. 
  This was going to take a while to dry, so I set it aside and next die cut my leaves.  
I used 3 different plaids from the paper collection...they are gorgeous!  Next I
 created my A2 size card base. I used a dark brown pigment ink and clear
embossing powder and stamped out the sentiment.  This sentiment
comes from the Fall Prairie Stamp Set.


When my stenciled panel was dry I cut it down to 2 1/2" x 5 1/8".
I adhered a piece of twill ribbon across the bottom of the panel with
double sided tape. 


 Then I adhered the panel to the card base with foam tape.


I tucked 2 of the leaves into the top of the twill ribbon, adhering 
them flat.

I adhered the maple leaf onto the front of the card, using foam tape
where necessary.


I had a piece of pale orange twine in my stash and I used it to make a
tiny bow for the stem of this leaf.


I adhered some autumn toned gems on and around the leaves.  I
added 3 tiny ones over the "i's" in the sentiment.


I love the colors and textures I could get using products from

          Brutus Monroe

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  
 Thank you so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...