Monday, October 11, 2021

Fall Into Autumn with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing more inspiration from the
October 2021 Release from



Such a pretty autumnal set with plenty of images to choose from!
I had a plan in mind.  I wanted to match some new fall paper that
I had. Let me show you how I made my mini slimline card!  I thought that
watercoloring would be the way to go on this card, so I printed out
my design onto Altenew 140lb 100% cotton watercolor paper.


I will later reprint this in order to repaint the oak leaf and to
resize the sentiment.  I used a palette of watercolors and
chose colors that matched my background paper.


I wasn't too fussy with the painting.  I was going to need 2 of these
maple leaves.  I alternated the side where I painted red.  


This was the second printing and I liked the color of the oak leaf
much better.  Also, the size of the sentiment was going to work better
as well.


Once the painting was done, I fussy cut the leaves.  I ended up painting
one extra maple leaf that I adhered inside my card.  I had resized
my sentiment so it was approximately 1" in diameter.  I cut this out
with a circle die.


I made a mini slimline card base out of some Warm Sunset card
stock from Brutus Monroe.  My based folded measures 4" x 6 1/4".
 I also die cut a stitched circle that is 1 1/2" to go behind the sentiment.  
I cut my background paper 1/8" smaller. The background paper comes
from the Pumpkin Spice Season Paper Collection from Not 2 Shabby.


I assembled my card.  For embellishments, I used a shimmer pen on
all of the leaves - even the tiny ones around the sentiment.  I placed
a couple of tiny gems around the sentiment.  Then around the leaves
I adhered some tiny gold leaf sequins.


The sparkle and shine is so pretty on those fall colors!


I hope you enjoyed my project today.  I love making fall cards!  The
season never seems to last long enough!
You can find this New Release and many more of Rachel's
beautiful digital stamps at


Thanks so much for being here with me today!  I appreciate your
interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...