Friday, October 8, 2021

Ellie Jungle Bell Trio with Whimsy Stamps

 


Hello everyone!  This month I am so excited to be guest designing for 
Whimsy Stamps!  Their stamps are wonderful.  I will be showcasing
their digital stamps!  For my first project I've chosen:




This stamp set is so adorable!  Let me show you how I made my card.
I first sized the design in the computer.  I also composed my sentiment,
which is not included in this stamp set.  I used a font from
Dafont.com to type my sentiment.  These are free fonts to download.


I printed this out onto Neenah 80lb. Classic Crest Solar White card
stock.  I wanted to use my Copic markers to color up these cuties!
I started my coloring with the little penguin.


These are so cute to color.  Next I moved onto Ellie.


I decided Ellie needed a cute little pink hat!
I moved onto the giraffe.  I decided not to bring in another
color to the palette, so I made a checkered design in the
scarf using the 2 colors I had already used.  I did this with pencil, then 
colored, then went over my pencil lines with a Copic Multiliner.


Copic markers used:

R00, W0, W1, W2, W3, W5, C5, C7, 100
RV000, RV10, RV55, RV66, RV19, E49
Y06, Y17, YR04, BG0000, BG01, BG04, BG05
BG07, BG10, YR21, YR24, Blender
Once the coloring was done, I fussy cut the image.
I prepared my A2 size top folding white card base by
covering it with a white pearl embossed paper.  This
panel measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I also added a 1" strip
of embossed silver card stock across the bottom.


For my sentiment, I fussy cut the sentiment around the black
frame leaving just a tiny bit of a white border.  I lightly colored each end
with the BG0000 marker just to give it some color and definition.
The letters were black so I took out one of my Iuile Watercolor Dot Cards
and painted the letters.  I was not fussy with this and I did not try
to make the paint go to the edges of the letters.


I used the denim for my letters.  Time to put my card together!
I took the animal image and tucked it just underneath the silver
strip on the bottom...I adhered it flat to the card.  I adhered the
sentiment panel to the top.

I adhered some snowflake sequins here and there and decided to
put a gem in the middle of each one to make them stand out a bit more.
I also took my white gel pen and made a small pattern on Ellie's
hat and a striped design on the penguin's hat! As a last bit of
embellishment, I used Fall Snow Glitter Glaze on Ellie's hat pompom
and also the penguin's pompom.  For the giraffe, I put some right on
the tips of her horns!...this just adds a bit more sparkle!  And that finished
this sweet winter card featuring Ellie and her friends!


I hope you've enjoyed today tutorial!  Whimsy Stamps carries a wide
selection of digital stamps!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I'll be posting projects with
Whimsy Stamps several more times this month!  😊

Betsy






















No comments:

Post a Comment