Sunday, August 22, 2021

Peony Rose with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you a card with an Autumn
palette from:



This digital stamp set is a favorite of mine - I know I say that about all
of Rachel's designs, but this one is gorgeous!
Let me show you how I made this card!
I started by composing my design in my computer and printing it out
onto Altenew 100% cotton 140lb watercolor paper.  My image measures
3 1/2" tall.  I then die cut the image with a 3 3/4" circle die.


I decided to use Prima Watercolor Confections - Terrain Palette.  I
haven't used this palette much but it had the colors I wanted to use.
I painted the vase first.  I have an inkjet printer.  I printed my image
the night before and I had no problems with the ink smearing while
painting it the next day.  I used Maple for the first wash keeping the
paint more intense at the top and quite light over the sentiment.


I next did a first wash on the leaves with Spanish Moss.  For
shadows I used Vine Leaf and then Balsam for the deepest shadows.


Next I moved on to the flowers.  I painted all of the flowers with
the same colors in the same way.  I did a pale wash of Purple Smoke
Tree and then shaded with more of the same color and then added touches
of Blue Shadow.  I also glazed some of the flower petals with
the Sourwood.


This rosebud was painted quite darkly.  The other flowers were
painted with more hilights.


At this point I felt that the vase needed deeper shadows, so I used the
Sourwood to create a sense of depth at the top of the vase.


Next I adhered a piece of deep plum card stock cut to 4 1/8" x 5 1/4"
to a top folding Az size white card base.  I wanted just a tiny bit of that
white card base showing to tie in the white of my watercolored circle.
I did not chose my background paper before I started.  So, I had to
find something in my stash.  I was thrilled to pieces when I found this
Burnt Sienna colored patterned paper.  It was such a perfect match and
there are leaves ghosted in the paper.  I cut that to 4" x 5 1/4" and adhered
 it to my base. I adhered my watercolor circle flat to the card and then I added 
a bow made from plum silk ribbon and added 3 glitter enamel dots and my
 card was finished!


I love this color combination so much.  It's my favorite fall palette.
This digistamp set was first released in January of 2020 - Rachel's
launch of her new Etsy Shop!  Find her here:


Rachel has many beautiful designs to chose from!  Please be

inspired to create something beautiful!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...