Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Tree Farm - Take #2 with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you another winter card made
with products from:



This is a Fold Flat Box Card!  When it is folded and the belly band
is on, this card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"!  I've got tons of pictures to
share here so let's get started!  I cut a piece of 80lb white card
stock so that it measures 8 1/2" x 10 1/4".  Next comes the scoring.


Just a slight correction here - each 1 1/2" corner marking is the vertical length not horizontal.
These are all of the score lines. A bigger scoreboard is very handyfor this.  For the diagonal
 lines in the middle top and bottom, I used a finer stylus, a ruler, and I placed my paper on a
 piece of thin foam.


The pink lines indicate cut lines.  So, basically cutting out the
corners.  This cutting will leave little 3/4" flaps on either side
of the triangles.  Those need to be trimmed a bit on either side.
They will not show in the final card.


The next step was to create my landscape.  I taped my card to a hardboard
and masked off the edges and my area for the snowy ground.


Using Simon Hurley Ink in Breakup Blue, I ink blended my
background.  I wasn't too particular about getting a smooth blend
as this is the sky so it could be a bit blotchy.


I had torn my masking paper to get a more organic horizon.  Next
I splattered.  First, I splattered with White Chroma Mist and then with
Pearl Shimmer Mist.  Both of these reacted with the Simon Hurley
Ink, but gave different looks.


While this background was drying I stamped my images for
coloring.  I used Simon Hurley Inks in Breakup Blue for the
clouds, Fake Plant for the trees and grrr! for the tree stumps
and moose.  I used scraps of card stock for this and I didn't
know how many I needed so I stamped a lot of images!


For coloring I used Chroma Mist in Cobalt Blue, Mermaid Mist
in Seaweed, Cherry Aqua Pigments and a bit of the inks.  I knew I would be fussy
cutting these out.  If you have the chance - GET THE DIES!!!!!!!  😆


I cut out the moose, the tree stumps, the clouds and then started in
on the trees.  Clearly I stamped out a gazillion of them!...LOL.  After
a while, I decided to lay out my elements to see just how many trees I
would actually need!


I was pretty happy with the tree placement, so I finished up the cutting
and then it was time to fold up the card!


I reinforced my fold lines with my Teflon bone folder in order for my card
to lay flat.  From here, all that was left was to bring up the sides and adhere
the tabs underneath.  


 Once those were glued I was able to invert the folds of the triangle pieces.


Folded it measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"!


Now I could arrange my scene.  With the design firmly in mind, I
started adhering my elements.  For inside the box, I used tweezers to
get them into the correct place.  I was able to make a very simple 
sentiment with some letter stickers and an enamel heart.


I added snowflake sequins, small round sequins, Glitter Glaze in Fallen
Snow and a belly band that I made from a piece of gross grain ribbon
with a snowflake die cut from the Snowflake Dies and Glitterstock.  I
put a matching gem in the center.  And that completed my card!


A big shoutout to Heejung Hunsberger for this card design.  She has her
version of this card posted on her website at www.hmadeboutique.com.
You can find all of the wonderful products I used for this project at:


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...