Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Botanical Blossom with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  It's a new month and that means a New Release from



I love the botanical image and the sentiment choices are wonderful!
Let me show you how I made my card!
I started by composing and printing out my image onto Neenah 80lb
Classic Crest Solar White card stock.  I knew I was going to trim this
out with a rectangle die, so I carefully placed my images to fall 
into the spaces I was going to need.


I wanted to key my Copic coloring to my background paper, so
choosing my paper at this point was essential.  I finally settled
on a piece of patterned paper from the Craft Consortium paper
from their Ink Blots line.


I kept my Copic coloring quite simple.


I had a 4 color blend for the flowers and a 3 color blend for the leaves.


As I worked on the panel with my Copics I had the piece of background
paper close by.  I kept holding it against the patterned paper as I went
along and I liked it more and more!


Copic colors used:
Flowers:  RV00, RV63, RV55, RV17, RV19
Flower Centers:  G94
Leaves:  YG91, YG95, G94
I had die cut my panel before I started the coloring.  Once the
coloring was complete, I backed that panel with black card
stock that was 1/8" bigger.  I then adhered this to my card base
which is an A2 size side folding white base.
Once that was altogether, I wanted to add a little bit of something,
but not over the top bling.  So, I used some gold glitter
watercolor paint and a very narrow brush.  I did the centers of
the flowers and the center vein of the leaves.


I was pleased with this look, it gives just the smallest amount
of shimmer, which is what I wanted.  And that
finished my card!


I loved how my project turned out.  I especially love having the
ability to twist, turn and flip my images!
To purchase this design and many others including this
new release go to:


Thank you so much for taking the time to be here!  I appreciate
your interest and support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...