Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Fall Prairie Take #2 with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you another card made with
the Fall Prairie Stamp Set from


I decided to make a mini slimline scene for this card.  I had a rough idea
for my layout.  I started with a piece of Bristol smooth card stock.  I
had a piece that was bigger than I needed.  So my piece was about 4" x 6 1/4".
Using a big brush, I gently wet the upper half of the piece being mindful
of the bottom line as this would become my horizon line. I used White
Chroma Mist with touches of Blue Chroma Mist and held my panel
on its side so gravity could move the color.  I let the colors blend on
the panel with a little blending help from my brush.


I didn't let this dry completely before doing the bottom half, but it was
fairly dry to the touch.  For the bottom I used the Green Chroma Mist
and the Yellow and a bit of orange that I mixed from the Candy Apple
Red and Bumblebee Yellow.


This Bristol Smooth does not seem to warp from water very
much.  There was some curling, but it dried quite flat.  Once,
it did dry, I cut this panel to 2 3/4" x 6".  I was mindful of
where I was cutting as I wanted more of the sky showing.


I then stamped and heat embossed my sentiment.  I used the


Next I stamped and heat embossed all of my other elements onto
the panel.


To give my elements color, I painted them with the Chroma Mists.
Full strength, they have good coverage, although they are still transparent.
I made some mixes and used others straight out of the bottle.
While those were drying, I covered a mini slimline base with an
orange paper from my stash.  Once, the panel was dry I adhered that
as well.  I did a little bit of white gel pen work on the cloud and made
some very tiny leaves here and there with a gold pen.  And 
that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed this project today!  I love scene building stamp
sets.  There are always so many possibilities!  Look for the products
that I've used here today and many more at:


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...