Saturday, July 3, 2021

Totally Tropical with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  We are kicking off July with a brand
new release from:



This digistamp set has a definite vertical composition.  So
pretty.  I decided to use it twice and make a corner design.
I sized and composed my card in my computer and printed
it out onto cold press 140lb. watercolor paper.


I also trimmed it down to the size I would needing for my
card which was 3 3/4" x 5 1/2".  I decided to use my
Karin markers for the painting.


I scribbled color off onto my glass mat and picked up pigment
with my paintbrush.


I varied the shades of green that I was using as there
were 3 different types of leaves.


I used Goggle Images for my color inspiration.


I kept the colors bright.


Karin Marker colors used:
Lime Green 071, Grass 253, Olive Green 281, Apple 210
Gold 285, Amber 195, Rose Wood 272
Magent 359, Red 209, Red Lilac 358, Lilac 226

I covered my A2 size white card base with paper from my stash
and cut I to 4 1/8" x 5 1/2" .
I stenciled the background of card with Tumbled Glass Distress
ink avoiding the main design.  I adhered that to my base.  I
used thin black peel-offs along the top and bottom of this panel.  I added
some yellow gemstones to my background and my card was finished!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  I love lots of color all year
around but particularly in the summer!  The Design Team has
made some amazing cards with this set so be on the look-out!
Find this Totally Tropical set and all of the other beautiful
designs from this release at:


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate your interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.


















No comments:

Post a Comment