Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Rainbow Burst with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Hope everyone's summer is off to a great start!  Today
I'm sharing this beautiful rainbow burst with products from 


I used a handful of other Brutus Monroe products I'll tell you about along
the way.  Now, let me show you now I made my card!
I started out with a piece of 140lb watercolor paper and the Burst stencil
sprayed with Pixie Spray to keep it firm.


I had lots of paper towels underneath.  Before I went in with my color, I sprayed on
Pearl Shimmer Mist.  This would give my Chroma Mists some
extra sparkle!  Next I moved onto the Chroma Mists. I was spraying in a diagonal
line, and I used my arm in a sweeping motion when I sprayed. 
 I almost obliterated my yellow!  😰  I had a tissue handy and I blotted the extra
pigment with it.


After the panel had dried I cut the image in half, keeping the half
that had a best color blend.  I was making a mini slimline card, so
I knew I wouldn't need the entire image.  For the center of my burst
I took a scrap piece of watercolor paper, sprayed it with the Pearl Shimmer
Mist first, then the Yellow Chroma Mist - again blotting it.  When it
was dry I die cut it with one of the Circle Foundation Dies.


I adhered that onto my panel and cut off the overhang.  


Then, using the sentiment from the Hello Stamp Set, I stamped the sentiment


Next I moved on to the base.  I made a mini slimline card base that 
measures 6 1/4" x 3 1/8".  I cut a piece of Glitterstock measuring
1/4" smaller and adhered it to the base.


I backed my stenciled panel with black card stock that was just
slightly bigger, and adhered the panel to the base.  I adhered
rainbow gems stones on the rays according to color and then
right around the yellow orb I used rainbow gems.  And
that finished my Rainbow Burst!



I hope you enjoyed this colorful project!  It's lots of
fun to create using products from


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope I've
inspired you to create something beautiful!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...