Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Space Flight with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing this outer space card with
products from


I love this set of dies.  There are a ton of dies!  It
makes layering elements so much fun!
First I cut a piece of standard size Raven Card Stock in
half so I was working with a piece that was 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".
Using a foam blending tool, I pounced on all 4 colors of



These look a bit cloudy going on, but they dry to a shimmering
finish!  I went over the panel 2 times with the Galaxy Glazes.



When the Glazes were dry I heavily splattered the panel
with white acrylic paint.  I cut the panel to 3 1/4" x 8 1/4" and
adhered it to a Whitewash card stock slimline base that
measures 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" that was covered with Elegant
Essentials in Sterling.  Then I sprayed the front with an
iridescent spray to make it really sparkle.
I decided to make the rocket first.  I wrote down some
substitute colors from what was on the packaging.  I
pulled out Glitterstock, Elegant Essentials,
Glamour Gloss and Mermaid Skin.


I tried to glue as I went along.  There were lots of little die cuts
and I didn't want to lose any!


Instead of filling all the little holes with paper, I used gems instead!
I worked on the alien next!


Unfortunately when I was cutting apart the dies, I lost this little
guy's mouth in the Great Black Hole that is underneath my
work table.   Can anyone else relate?  I improvised and cut
a die cut in half for his mouth instead!
I cut 3 of the planets and used different card stocks and color
combination for all of them.  I used the "hi" die and shadow layer
I adhered all of my die cut elements to my card.  Then I added some
silver glitter star die cuts, and small star sequins.
And my card was finished.


It's so fun not to stamp on a card!  It's just amazing what a colorful
and sparkly card can be made from die cuts!  Find this die set an
many more at:


Thanks for stopping by today and taking this little trip into space!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...