Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Leafy Ribbon with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  I'm sharing this beautiful Sympathy card
created with a digital stamp set from:



This is one of my all time favorite sets from Rachel Vass Designs.
I love the simplicity of it and the versatility.
I began by composing my image in the computer.  I copied and pasted
this about 6 times, flipping and angling as I went to create more
of a wreath shape.  I printed it out onto 140lb watercolor paper.


I was greatly inspired by the wash tape I was using for the
background.  I wanted my colors to be soft.  I chose to work with
Gansai Tambi watercolors - 12 Color Set II.  Many of the colors
are soft and muted.


I picked out greens, blues and purples.  Sometimes I mixed colors
together, other times it was straight from the palette.


It truly would have been too much to shade all the leaves, so I
pretty much painted them solid, adding more water to some, less
to others to retain that watercolor look.


I fussy cut the image when it was dry.  I laid down 3 strips of washi tape
horizontally on my grey 4 1/2" x 6 1/4" card base.  I popped up my painted
panel on foam tape and added a scattering of tiny pale green pearls.
And that finished my card!


I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial.  This card could be used for
so many occasions by simply changing out the sentiment.
Find this set and many other beautiful digital stamp sets at:


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope I've inspired
you to create something beautiful!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...