Monday, June 14, 2021

Mother's Bouquet with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing a project that had many
twists and turns!  I'm using products from:


I started my project with a goal in my mind, but this slimline card
seemed to have a mind of it's own!
I started with my background piece.  Using the Sterling Elegant Essentials
I used black alcohol ink.  The paper takes this ink really well and
I might have to do this more often!


I used a lot of ink and lots of blending solution.  When I was happy with
how it looked I waited for it to dry.  After a couple of minutes it was
still tacky...wait...TACKY!  I hurried to get my gold foil out praying that it
would work and I would get some foil on my panel.  This method usually
doesn't work for me but I laid my foil down and hoped for the best!


Oh my goodness!!!  It worked so well I could hardly believe it!  But
my theory is the foil sticks to the blender not the ink and I had used much
more blender than usual.  Next I stamped my image.


I laid my stamp on my glass mat and stamped it that way.  It
over stamped along the edges but I knew I was going to fussy cut the
image so that didn't matter.  I also masked off the lower leaf
cluster so it would fit on a 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" card.  I colored with
Copic Markers using warm grays for the leaves.


I really liked how this looked.  I used the markings within the artwork
to guide my shading.


I wanted the flowers to really stand out so I colored them a
bright orange red.


Copic markers used:

Leaves/Flower Centers:  W0, W1, W3, W5, W7, Y21
Flowers:  YR07, R05, R14, R17, R24, R49, R59
Black/Deep Brown:  100, E49
I fussy cut the image and quickly realized that the leaves
totally didn't work with the background.  So I glazed them
with the Y21 and added shimmer pen to them and they looked
much better.


To assemble my card I cut my inked panel to 3 1/4" x 8 1/4".


I was going to back it with gold foil paper, but while looking for it I
found the Color Companion in Mustard Seed.  It pulled everything
together!  I made my slimline card base from this Mustard Seed as
it is light enough to write on!  I adhered my flower piece flat to the
surface of the inked piece.  It overlapped some, but I did not have to
trim any of the leaves off.  At this point I took a gold gel pen and added
some to the flower centers and did all of the dots in the centers of
the flowers.  I didn't add any extra embellishing!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and I've encouraged you to
dig out those alcohol inks and foil to really make your stamps
be the star of the show!  These great products can be found at:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I appreciate your time and interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment