Friday, June 11, 2021

Blossoming Beauty with Rachel Vass Designs

 





Hello everyone!  It's lupine season where I live.  I really wanted to
color up this beauty:



Lupines are so beautiful and they herald the start of summer.  I really wanted
to let the design take center stage on this card. 
I started by printing out my design on 140lb cold press watercolor paper.


I decided to use my Altenew Woodless Watercolor Pencils.


I love how they react on watercolor paper.


I try to lay all of the color down on the dry paper first.  Then I
touch up with brush to pencil, dabbing in color where I need it.


Colors used:
Grass Field, Shadow Creek, Moss
Coral, Ruby Red, Rubellite, Lavender Fields

I cut this panel to fit a mini slimline card base.  My panel measures
2 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I adhered this to a piece of patterned paper from
Craft Consortium that measures 2 3/4" x 6" and my white card
base measures 3" x 6 1/4".  I added 2 thin black peel-offs to
the bottom of the colored panel.  And I added tiny iridescent
gem stones to the flowers.  And that finished my card.


I hope I've inspired you today!  Digital stamps are so easy to
print out and colorize any way you like!  It's a great way to practice
different mediums as well.
You can find this stamp set and many more beautiful designs at:


Thanks for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...