Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Floral Frames with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing a mini slimline card that I
created using products from:


This card came together so quickly!  I chose a black, gold and
white theme.  But you could easily do another color way.  Let me
show you how I made my card!
I started by choosing many - but not all - of the smaller stamps in
this set.  This stamp set contains 28 pieces so lots of options!
I took a scrap of white card stock, put it in my MISTI and
arranged my stamps on half of the card stock.  I flipped the card
stock around and stamped again.  I used clear embossing ink and
heat embossed with Raven Ultra Fine Embossing Powder.


This gave me 2 of each image.  I was planning on using gold glitter card
stock on my background and I wanted whatever I colored in these embossed
pieces with to match.  I finally chose glitter watercolor paint that I
purchased on Etsy.  This paint contains fine glitter and one that contains a
chunkier glitter...perfect for my needs!


I didn't use a lot of water as this was card stock not watercolor paper.
The embossing resists the paint.  I painted a coat of the fine shimmer gold
and then went over it with the chunky glitter gold paint.  I let these air dry.
I prepared a white mini slimline card base by adhering a layer of
gold glitter card stock.  Then added a layer of black over it.


I die cut a white panel to put on top of the black and act as a base for
my elements.  When my paint was dry I fussy cut my images.  I
need to heat emboss my sentiment but wanted to wait to compose
my arrangement.  I put the white panel into my MISTI and then arranged
my flowers and leaves where I wanted them without gluing them down.  I
was able to place my sentiment stamp in the perfect position.  I heat
embossed it with the same Raven Ultra Fine Embossing Powder.


I adhered my flowers and leaves down popping up a few with foam tape.
Then I added some black gems and my card was done!


I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial and I've inspired you to
create something beautiful!  

Products used may be found at:


Thank you so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles