Thursday, July 15, 2021

Picked Patch with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you some Autumn Inspiration
with products from:

Picked Patched Stamp Set

I did a little something different with the Velveteen Glazes this time! 
Let me show you how I made my card!
I started by stamping my image with Raven Detail ink onto some
orange card stock.  I stamped the full 6" x 6" knowing that
I would trim it down later.


I cut it down at this point so there was a 1/4" margin all the way
around.  It was easier to work with.  I took a 1/4" flat brush and my
Pink Flamingo Velveteen Glaze and I added contour swashes.


When Velveteen Glaze is applied this way - the color is quite transparent.
So even though the Velveteen Glaze is bright pink...it shows up as a lovely
darker orange on my orange card stock.  I tried to avoid the black outline
but it really didn't matter.


Here I've mixed Lima Bean with a bit of the Pink Flamingo.  This tones
down the green a bit.  I applied this to the stems with a round paintbrush.


I like the color this produced.  The black outlines were unavoidable on
these stems, but once everything was dry you couldn't tell.  Once this panel
was completely dry I cut it down to 4" x 5 1/4".  I covered a white top-folding
A2 size card base with the dark woodgrain paper from the Winter Cabin


I adhered my pumpkin panel onto the covered card base.  Next, using the
"thank you" dies from the Slimline Sentiment Die Set, I cut the shadow layer
from the dark wood grain and the actual letters from the orange card stock.


These came together so nicely and were a snap to put together.  I
adhered them together with liquid glue.


I really liked the size of these die cuts on my card.  I adhered my pumpkin
layer onto the card base, followed by the sentiment.  I decided to add a bit
of glitter glaze.


Using Marmalade Glitter Glaze, I applied it with a toothpick just where
some highlights would go.  I didn't put it everywhere, but picked out
places that were around the sentiment.  Next I added 3 copper sequins
and my project was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's project!  It's never too early to get
a jump on Fall/Autumn cards!
Many of the products I used today are available at:


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate your
time and interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles