Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Fall Prairie with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is well and enjoying summer while it
is here!  Today I'm bringing you a slimline card made with products from:


While this stamp set from the New Release is a scene building set, I chose
to do 3 different vignettes instead!  Let me show you how I did this.
I took one piece of cold pressed watercolor paper and cut it in half
length-wise.  I took one and embossed it with sn embossing folder
that has leaves on it.


I love to emboss a background as it lends texture and interest without
overpowering the main image(s).  I cut another panel of watercolor paper
I then ink smooshed this panel and the other plain panel.  I only used
the red and yellow.


The other panel I blended with the Chroma Mists until I achieved
the color blend I wanted.  I let both of these panels dry naturally.  Using
the heat tool is a sure way to warp the paper and I needed these to be
flat.  I have a laptop and I sandwiched the panels in copy paper and
placed them underneath my laptop.  It's warm without being hot and
the weight of the computer keeps it flat.  In the meantime I inked up
my elements in my MISTI and stamped them twice onto more 
watercolor paper using Raven Detail Ink.


I wasn't sure at this point what I was going to use so I made sure to
stamp enough elements.  I next watercolored my elements with
the Chroma Mists.  These make lovely watercolors and the colors
mix well.  As you can see on my palette, I put a few drops of
yellow, red and green into their own well.  Then I mixed the colors 
that were next to each other.


So I was able to get 3 additional colors:  Orange, brown and a lime green.
I watercolored my elements without getting too fussy...they are small.  I
used a #2 brush and it was damp...not wet, and I didn't wet my area before
painting.  This ensures that the Chroma Mists retain their vibrancy.


Once these were dry I fussy cut them.  My background panels were
dry so I trimmed down the embossed one to 3" x 8".  I took the other
panel and die cut 3 circle out of it.  One was 2 3/4" and the other
2 were 2 1/4".  I used the Circle Fountain Dies to cut these.


I stamped my sentiment onto the bigger circle die cut and I
inked up the edges for definition.


I had in mind what my vignettes would look like, so I went ahead
and foam taped the circles to my embossed panel.  Then I adhered this
main panel onto a darker orange slimline card base that measures
8 1/2" x 3 1/2".


I adhered all of my small elements flat to my circles.  I added a few
white highlights with a white gel pen to the berry clusters and
to the top of the mushrooms.  I added 2-tone tiny pearls to all of the
vignettes and some extra confetti to the bigger middle one for some
extra sparkle and my card was finished.


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  This release was so awesome with
all of the Fall themed products.  Find them at:


Thank you so much for spending time here and I
hope I've inspired you to create something beautiful!

Betsy
In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.
 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...