Saturday, August 22, 2026

Seashell Sunset ft. Kate Hadfield Designs

 Hello everyone!  I hope that many of you are enjoying

your summer and that you get a chance to get to a beach!

Today I'll be sharing a beautiful ocean sunset with seashells

using products from


Kate Hadfield Designs

On The Beach Digital Stamp Set

A Pirate’s Life Digital Stamp Set 

 

 

I created the background first by cutting a small circle out

of masking paper for the setting sun.  Then I ink- blended

with Distress Oxide inks for my sunset.

 

 

I printed out the images as a scene with an extra sand dune.

I made the sentiment blue before printing.  I also printed the

main image again.  I wanted to layer a few of the shells.

 

 

I started my coloring of the images with the sand.  It would set

the tone for the scene.

 


I made long sweeping strokes for the sand as I was coloring.

 

 

I laid in some color around the edges of the shells that would have

the additional print popped up on them.  And, I was testing out

color combinations.

 

 

I started coloring the shells that would be on top of the image.

 

 

 

I continued coloring the shells.

 

 

My main piece was finished and so were the shells that would be

adhered over the ones already there.  

 

 

Finally I cut the overlay shells and went around the edges of all

of the cut parts with a black marker.   I adhered my background to my kraft card

base.  I had made this bigger than I needed because I wasn’t sure

where the setting sun would be.  I adhered my main panel.  Then

I cut the sentiment in a sand dune shape and colored it the same

as the rest of the stand.  The I adhered it along the bottom.  I

liberally used Stickles – on the shells, a bit on the sand and I

also dotted the upper most sky so they would look like stars.

 


The sun setting on the beach is so beautiful.  This would make

a great memory card to give to a friend.  I hope you give it a

try.  If you do, please tag us on Social Media.  We love to see

what you’re making!  You can find these digital stamp sets

and so much more at 


Kate Hadfield Designs

 

Supplied used:

On The Beach & A Pirate’s Life digital stamps

Kraft and white card stock

Masking paper

Small round die

Foam tape

Black marker

Distress Oxide Ink in Scattered Straw,

Mustard Seed & Spiced Marmalade

Stickles in Star Dust and Twinkle

Copic colors used:

E31, E55, E23, E57, E29, R81, R83,

B21, B41, B34, BV0000, BV11, BV34,

100, Y11, Y21, Y32, Y26, Blender

 

Til next time…

 

Betsy

 

Find me on Instagram:  @betsybirgeart



 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment