Monday, May 24, 2021

Rainbow Die Cuts with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing this DIY Rainbow with
die cuts using products from


To make this slimline card I used the Christopher's Sentiments
Die Set, the Butterfly Wings Die Set and Slimline 
Sentiments Die Set.  I also used Aqua Pigments in the following
colors:  Cherry, Lime, Amber, Periwinkle and Lavender.  I also
used one of the Slimline Pre-Cut Card Bases.
I so begin, I taped a piece of Fabriano Watercolor paper
to a hardboard.  The paper was 9" x 12"


I had 3 rainbows to make: the background of my card, the
sentiment and the butterfly.  So, I created 3 different rainbows
with the Aqua Pigments in 3 different sizes.


Looks like a hot mess in this picture.  I created the rainbows by not
wetting the paper first and using a damp 1.5" brush.  I just used a
sweeping motion up and down and blending in the sides.  Once it was
dry to the touch I went over it again to really brighten the colors.
I left this to dry for a while and then used my heat tool to finish.
I die cut a panel using the smallest panel die in the Slimline Sentiments
Die Set.


I die cut the butterfly and the sentiment.



I die cut the shadow layers to these out of plain white card stock.
My panel measures 7 3/4" x 2 3/4" and there was enough of a
difference between it and the white base so that it looked like it
needed something.  But I didn't want to detract from he beautiful
shimmery rainbow I had achieved with the Aqua Pigments.
I found some white glitter paper and cut that to
3 1/4" x 8 1/4" and adhered it to the base.


Then I adhered the rainbow piece over that and it was perfect!


My card was going to be horizontal and if I had put the
rainbow of the background starting with red...the butterfly and sentiment 
seemed a bit lost.  So, I reversed the background and I was
much happier with how the other elements looked.  I added some
rainbow gems from my stash and my card was also done...I added
a shimmer swoosh underneath the Celebrate.  It's subtle but
it's there.  And that completed my card for today!


I hope you enjoyed my my project today!  It could be used
for lots of occasions or use one of the other sentiments
in the Christopher's Sentiments Die Set.  So many possibilities!
You can find all of the products I used in today's project at:

Brutus Monroe

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope I've
inspired you to create your own rainbow!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



















No comments:

Post a Comment