Saturday, May 22, 2021

Darling Flowers with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing another beautiful digistamp
set from the May 2021 Release from:



What is not to love about this gorgeous floral stamp set!  I 
especially love the font used for the "darling".  Let
me show you how I made my card.
I first composed and printed off my image and sentiment onto
Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock.


I wanted to go monochromatic on this one, so I chose my background
paper from My Favorite Things called Bundles of Blossoms Pastels.
Then I chose my colors for my flowers.


I started out cautiously in case the colors weren't right.


It was quite easy coloring as the petals are quite large.


Copic markers used:
Stems/Leaves:  YG91, YG93
Flowers:  YR000, YR00, R02, E04
Centers:  Y21, Y28
I had come to this stage in the coloring and realized that the
colors I had used were really too orange.  The paper was more
of a coral color.  So, I glazed over the petals with RV10.  That
gave just a hint of pink and toned down the yellow/orange.


I had die cut this panel with a fancy rectangle die before coloring.
That way I could lay it on the patterned paper as I went along.
The petals of the flowers looked a bit bare, so I decided to take a
black fine liner pen and add shading lines.


I felt the inked lines made a huge difference and I really liked it
so I did it on all of the flowers.  I added shimmer pen to the centers
of the flowers, and gems scattered around for a little sparkle.
I mounted the colored panel on foam tape and adhered to a white
Top folding A2 size card base onto white I had adhered the patterned
paper.  I rounded all of the corners to coordinate with the die cut.
And that finished my card!


I hope you found my project inspiring today!  I love working with
Rachel's images...they are so lovely.  Please visit her Etsy Shop:


Thank you so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...