Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Lily Love with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing another set from the New Release at:



This is such a pretty image.  And I loved the font of the Thank You!  I
started my project by printing out my image and sentiment onto hot
press watercolor paper.  I made the flower image gray and kept the
sentiment black in the computer.


I did a Google Images search to find a color for my lily.


I found the perfect pink lily!  I started my painting with very pale
layers of watercolor.  I used a pretty pink by mixing a few shades 
together on my palette.


I built up layers to get a bit of shading whilst trying not to disturb
the paint underneath.


I reached a point where I didn't want to move forward with the paint. It
would take too many layers to get the depth I wanted and I just didn't want
to do that on this type of paper.  So, I decided to deepen my shading and
pull out details with colored pencils.


This worked even better than I hoped it would.  I was able
to build up layers, deepening the shadows gradually and smoothly.


When the coloring was complete I cut my panel to 3 3/4" x 5 1/2"
and adhered it to a top folding A2 size soft green card base.


I thought it needed a little more definition so I added very narrow
black peel-offs to each side where the panel meets the card.


I die cut my sentiment with a small oval die and popped it up
on foam tape.  I added 3 clear dew drops and my card was done!


I love this digistamp set.  It would work well for so many occasions!
Find this set and all of the New Release at:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope I've inspired you to
create something beautiful!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...