Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Stencil of the Month with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing a card using new products from:


In my post on March 23rd I gave you a sneak peek of this stencil!  I absolutely
love it.  And how wonderful it looks on this card!  Let me show you how I
made my project.
First I cut a piece of heavy black card stock - it was an 8" x 8" piece.  I
laid my stencil over it after applying Pixie Spray to the back of the stencil.
It's such an intricate stencil so the Pixie Spray really helped!  I spread on
a thin coast of the Blue Galaxy Glaze and set it aside to dry.


This is a color shifting medium (yes, please!), so it looks completely
different in different lighting.


I left it until it was completely dry and then cut it down to 
4  x 5 1/2".
I stamped out the 3 hummingbirds from the Hummingbird Flight
Stamp Set which is one of the sets in the newest release!   Such
a pretty set!  


I stamped them onto Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock.


I used a mix of my Copic markers to color as I wanted bright rich color.


Copic colors used:
V17, BV08, BV13
B32, B23, B29, B63
YG06, G14
BG15, BG49
100
Once the coloring was finished I fussy cut the birds and then went
along the edges with a black brush marker.
I adhered my black panel onto a teal A2 size top folding note card.
I also used some Teal Mirror Peel-offs down each side.
I adhered my hummingbirds flat to the surface of my card.  For
extra sparkle I added tiny silver stars and tiny iridescent gems.
And that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  I had fun making it and using the
new Galaxy Glaze!  I have more ideas for the stamp set and the Glaze 
so be on the look out for those in upcoming posts!  You can find the
products at:


Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog!  I appreciate it!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.
















No comments:

Post a Comment