Tuesday, April 20, 2021

New Stamp Release from Brutus Monroe

 

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing one of the new stamps from
the New Release at:


This is a really lovely floral stamp set with 2 floral images, each
configured differently and 8 sentiments!
Let me show you how I made my mini slimline card!

I first prepared my background panel.  I took a half sheet of white
card stock and decided to ink smoosh my background using 2 of the
new Chroma Mists:  Cobalt Blue and Bumblebee Yellow.
These are like water and even more so when clean water is added
to them.  I knew that if I sprayed them on my glass mat, added
water and then laid my card stock down onto it, then I would just
get a solid coverage of color.  So I used a piece of acetate from some
packaging and placed that in the color, then brought it to my card stock
for a more controlled smoosh.


I didn't do that for very long before I switched to a fairly large (#8 round)
paintbrush and did splatter.  I had a particular look in my mind and the
splatter at this point seemed to be the way to go.  I set that aside to dry.
Next I stamped my image onto Neenah 80lb. Classic Crest Solar White
card stock with Raven Detail Ink.


I was going to color the image with Copics so the Raven Detail Ink is
perfect for that!
Copic Colors used:
Green:  YG11, YG41, YG63
Coral:  R00, R11, R02, R22, R14
Purple:  V01, V12, V04, BV000, BV13
Blue/Green:  BG000, BG01
Yellow:  Y00, Y11, Y21, YR21
I colored my image and when I was done I fussy cut it.

This was how my image looked when I thought I was done!   After
my card was completely made, I went back in and deepened the shadows.
I cut my background panel to 2 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I mounted it onto a
yellow panel that measures 2 1/2" x 5 5/8".  I adhered that to a light
green panel that measures 2 3/4" x 5 3/4" and adhered it all onto aa
medium green card base that measures 3" x 6 1/4".


I stamped my sentiment across the top of ink smooshed panel.


I popped up my flower image on foam tape and adhered to my
card.  I added some shimmer to the spikey flowers using a
Gelly Roll Stardust Pen in Blue.  I added clear shimmer pen to
the flower centers.  Then I liberally adhered sequins.  These
were small - 3mm - clear sparkly sequins.  And my card was
done!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  Such a nice way to brighten up
someone's day who is not feeling well.  You can find this beautiful
stamp set and the other stamp sets from this new release at:


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...