Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Hugs with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I get to share one of the stamp sets from
the New Release:



What a sweet set this is!  Bunnies are my favorite so I decided to use
the hugging bunnies image.  I first chose my paper.  I am using a piece
of patterned paper from Lavinia called Scene Scapes.  Mine was
from the Sacred Collection.  I sized and then printed my bunny image
onto Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock.


I colored my bunnies with Copic markers.


I colored them in a way to show that they were back lit.


Copic colors used:

Bunnies:  Y02, E21, E35, E37, E49
Shadow:  BV29
Moon:  Y00
After the coloring was finished I fussy cut the image.  Then,
using a black water-based marker, I went around the edge.
I cut my background paper using a die and placing it on the
paper where the moon was in the middle and the ground made
sense.  I set the bunny image on it and marked where the
bottom of them would be and then using my BV29 made a
shadow on the ground.  I didn't get too fussy with this.  It's
just to give an illusion of depth and perspective.


I adhered this background paper to a top folding A2 size white
card base.  I adhered the bunny image flat onto my card.  For
a little added shimmer I adhered tiny yellow iridescent stars on
the moon.  I had colored the moon with the Y00 because it
was stark white and I felt it needed to be toned down a bit.  The
stars were a nice little embellishment pop.





I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  I love a background paper that
virtually does the work for you!  This line of Lavinia paper is
beautiful!...so many options!  I didn't feel my little bunnies needed
a sentiment.  I love it just the way it is!
You can find this digistamp set and the rest of the new release at:

Rachel Vass Designs

There are many beautiful designs!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy


In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles