Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Prehistoric Party with Brutus Monroe!

 


It's a new month and that means a new Inspiration Box from:


This month's Inspiration Box is jam-packed full of crafty goodness!
he stamp set has 41 PIECES!  And the coordinating die set has
14 PIECES!   This kit is so worth the cost!
I decided to make an exploding box for my project.  Let me
show you how I made it!
First I die cut my box pieces from Harvest card stock.  My die
comes from Spellbinders.  Then I put my box together.


I didn't have any paper that looked remotely prehistoric, so I went
on Etsy and found Digitalcollagecafe.  They had more than one set
of prehistoric/dino papers.  I chose one and went with it!  I cut
coordinating papers for all of the flat surfaces of my box.


Next I stamped my images onto coordinating solid card stock.  I chose
3 colors - green, orange-red and blue and did my stamping.  I stamped 
the balloons first.  I stamped them once on my background card stock to
give it a base and did some paper piecing with the 3 colors.


I also stamped the dino and the volcano.  My green card stock was
on the thin side so I also stamped a piece of the background paper for
the dino so I could back that piece as the dino would have to stand
without much adhesive.


I used the "I Lava You" stamp and stamped a word on each one of the
balloons.  Later I went over the letters with a black Gelly Roll Glaze pen
just to make it stand out a bit more.  I did minimal coloring on my images.
Some gray Copic markers on the volcano and then glitter pens for the
fire on top and the bits on the dino.


I also stamped some dino footprints around the flaps on the front and
sides.  I needed a bit of filler for the box so I printed off another piece
of the digital paper and cut individual pieces out of it.


I adhered all of my elements into place and my exploding box
was finished!  What a fun project to create!


Of course, this box collapses flat to fit into an A2 envelope.
What a fun spring kit to play with!  Look for this newest
Inspiration Box and all of the other fabulous subscription
products at:


Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to
stop by and be inspired!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.














  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...