Monday, February 15, 2021

Super Textured Hugs with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing this super textured card
using products from:


Let me share with you how I made my card.  I started out with the SVG cutting file
that I loaded into my Brother Scan 'n Cut.  I used the Elegant Essentials in Rose
for this.  I had to size the design a bit smaller, as the original size of this file was
too big to fit onto an A2 size card.


Next I die cut my sentiment from Glitterstock in Copper.  I die cut the
thin sentiment from the Copper and the shadow in white glitter card stock.


I adhered the copper layer to the white layer with liquid glue.  I made a card
base from Whitewash card stock.  This was A2 size top folding.  I adhered a
full piece of the copper Glitterstock to this.  I knew I didn't want just the
Glitterstock as my background behind the heart shapes.  I had a package
of Fabulous Fiber.  I have to admit...I've had it for a while and never used it.
I really wasn't sure how to use it, so on the website it said you can use your
heat tool with it.  So that's what I did.  On my silicone mat I laid pieces of
the fiber across the back of Whitewash card base.  When I had it fairly covered,
I used my heat tool and it melted together.  It melts quickly!  I kept adding more
fibers until I was happy with the density of the piece.  Once it is melted you
can pick it up as it forms a delicate sheet!


The side that it was melted on was a bit hard...it lost that very fibrous
look.  But I flipped it over and it was still soft and ethereal looking!
After trimming this panel so it would fit onto my card base, I adhered it to
 my base using a white liquid glue that dries clear.


I placed my heart panel over this and adhered it with the same white liquid
glue.  I adhered my sentiment at an angle over top of the heart panel.  I had
a number of hearts left over from the die cut panel.  I stacked 3 of them together
and then adhered one I had made out of a scrap of the Glitterstock (by tracing
one of the hearts that came out of the panel) and adhered it on top.  Then I
adhered to the bottom right heart shape on the card.  Because it's 4 hearts,
it's raised up slightly from the rest of the card.  I used 3 more of the left over
hearts as an embellishment inside my card!


This was so much fun to create!  I love using products that are very new to
me and discovering their uses!  You can find these products at:


I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and I've inspired you to create!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.











No comments:

Post a Comment