Monday, February 8, 2021

New Dies with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Today I'm featuring some new dies from


I really wanted to feature one of the beautiful butterflies from this set.  To start
I took a piece of Gloss Card Stock from Tim Holtz.  This is the paper you
would use for alcohol inks.  I tried this at first on Yupo paper, but because it
is translucent it came out very gray looking.


I applied drops of Cherry Aqua Pigment and Pearl Aqua Pigment.  I took a
paint brush and very gently swirled the colors together.  I didn't over blend them
as I didn't want one color, but want those 2 colors to swirl into each other.


This was a lot of pigment...a lot.  Even several hours later I could have
tilted the paper and it all would have slid off.  I left it to dry overnight.


It dried so beautiful!  The paper remained flat, the pigments dried flat and
overall gave that swirled dreamy look!  I used the shadow die of the butterfly
die set to cut this paper.  I cut 2 out of this one piece. Next I die
cut the tops of the butterflies.


I used  Glamour Gloss in "Prom Night" for these.  They look so pretty
stacked on top of one another.  I glued the tops down to the bases and
only put liquid glue down the centers of the die cuts.
Next, using one of the lace board dies I cut 3 of the inner piece.  I didn't
use the shadow layer at all.  I used Color Companion Glitterstock in
French Rose.
For my card base I made a slimline card out of white card stock.  I
also cut a panel of pink card stock that measures 8" x 3".  I heavily
splattered this with the Pearl Aqua Pigment.  It still needed a bit of something
more so I also embossed it with an ivy vine embossing folder.


Originally I was going to make a vertical card and use the lace border die
cuts in 3 strips horizontally.  I completely changed my mind, made a
landscape card.  I took 2 of the lace border die cuts and glued them together
to make one longer one to fit the card.  I adhered it horizontally in the
center.


I adhered the 2 butterflies and then stamped a sentiment strip from the
Simple Strips - Crafty onto white card stock and backed it with a piece
of the Glitterstock.  I used peel-offs from Love From Lizi around the
entire pink panel.  These are a lovely way to define edges.  They are
white edged with silver.  I adhered my sentiment strip to the lower right
corner and my card was done!


This card was great fun to put together and I loved experimenting with
new ways to use Aqua Pigments.  You can find all of these great products at


Some of these products are subscription products.  They come right to your
door every month!  Shop for these and other wonderful crafty finds!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you are inspired!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment