Monday, January 11, 2021

Rose Wreath with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing with you more inspiration from
the January 2021 Release from:




So, who says digital stamps are just for cards?  Today I'll be sharing
how I made a watercolor painting from the digital stamps found
in this set.
My watercolor paper was Hot Press - this means it has a very smooth surface.  
 I changed the color of the wreath part of the print to a gray and left the 
sentiment in black.  This is possible because they are 2 separate images. 
 Please note that I use Word as a program for my digital creations.  
I have the ability to"recolor" the outline of an image.  My paper was 8" x 10" and I
sized my print accordingly.  I flipped the wreath to make the top image.
I felt it was important to make the ends of the wreath overlap
each other to give the appearance of continuity.


Because there were lots of leaves it was important to vary
the tone of them.  I had 4 combinations of greens.


I tried to give the leaves around the flowers their own color-ways.


I also balanced my colors.  Using each of the 4 color ways intermittently -
not having each separate color-way grouped together.


I dampened each leaf and then added color.  I added another color usually
across the bottom for variation.  I used Burnt Sienna for the stems.  All
of the flowers were painted the same way with Quinacridone Coral.  I
didn't really want red or pink and this was a great in-between color.
Once I was finished with the painting, I popped it into a mat and frame!


I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial and it's sparked some creative thinking
on your part!  Don't be afraid to try watercoloring.  Practice if you don't think
you could do a nice job.  By the way, I use an inkjet printer.  I let the printed
watercolor paper sit for about a day and I had no problems with ink running.

If you've never been, check out Rachel Vass Designs on Etsy.  Rachel often has
sales and freebies!!!!!!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your day and stopping by!

Betsy


In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...