Tuesday, January 12, 2021

All You Need is Love with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing a mini slimline tri-fold card using
the add-on to the Inspiration Box from:


This is a great 6" x 8" stamp set with loads of images!  Let
me show you how I made my card!

I needed to make the base of my card first.  I cut a 6" x 9" piece of white
card stock and scored it at 3" and 6".


I folded the 6" score line from left to right and the 3" score line from
right to left.  This creates the tri-fold.  Next I laid my panel flat and
drew a diagonal pencil line from the top of the 6" score line to the
last 3" panel about 1 1/2" above the end and trimmed off along
the line with my paper trimmer.



Next I pieced my paper and adhered it to the card.  I used the Slimline
Rainbow Collection paper for this.  I liked the graphic feel of it with the
stamped images.  Plus I could use several colors and they would all be the
same print.  I cut pieces to resemble the sky and grass.  For a bit of
added color I used 2 shades of green.


I stamped out my images onto Neenah 80lb Classic Crest white 
card stock.  This is a great way to use up scraps!


I didn't do a lot of shading, mainly sticking to 2-color blends.  In
some areas I chose not to shade at all and just used one color.



I also tried to keep my color palette simple by using 3 main colors.


Copic markers used:

Blender & 100
YG00, YG01, YG03, YG23
B0000, BG13, BG15
R000, R02, R24
Wi, W2, W7
YR00, YR02
E50, E52, E53, E31, E33

After coloring, I fussy-cut my images.


I also die cut my sentiment.  I adhered all of my images flat
and backed the ice cream shop image where it stuck up, so that when
you open the card, it was covered with the blue paper.  I added 2
Doodlebug Shape Sprinkles Tiny Hearts around the sentiment
and my card was done!


This card was so fun to create!  You could also do this with a regular
size slimline card as they are the same width.  There's lots of
possibilities there!!!!!  This month's Inspiration Box is so full
of goodies and fun creativity!!!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope I have given you
some creative ideas!!!!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...