Sunday, January 17, 2021

Winter Backgrounds with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is safe and healthy as we start out the new
year.  Today I'm sharing a digistamp set from the January 2021 Release:




This was a great set to get creative with.  The images are fairly simple
and because of that I kept my Copic coloring very simple.


I first printed out my sized image and I left quite a bit of room around the
sentiment, as I wanted to be able to die cut it.

I started by coloring the background of the main image.


I used B41 for the background.  I did no shading on this image - just
straight colors.


The mugs were colored with BV08 and the hearts inside and some of
the smaller hearts in the background with V04.


The bigger hearts were colored with V000 and the leaves
were colored with G99.


I finished this with a white gel pen.  I used Arteza White Gel Pens.  I have
tried most white gel pens and none of them worked consistently good.
I bought the set of 18 white gel pens from Arteza and I was floored because
they worked so good - right out of the box, right after they were delivered...
and they were very cold.  They come in .6, .8 and 1.0.  They were well
worth buying.


I gathered the rest of my materials for my card.  I dry embossed a panel of
orchid card stock with a corner snowflake design.  I die cut my colored panel
with a square stitched die.  I used a warm dark navy for mounting those on
and an A2 size top folding white card base.  I die cut various snowflakes
from plain white card stock.  I die cut my sentiment with a banner die and
backed it with the same navy card stock.  After putting it altogether I added
orchid glitter enamel dots in the centers of the snowflakes and my card was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  It's a wonderful digistamp set with
plenty of versatile sentiments.  As always, if you haven't visited


on Etsy - you're missing out!  So many great sets and there are FREEBIES!!!!

Til next time - thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...