Monday, December 28, 2020

Stencil of the Month with Brutus Monroe



Hello everyone!  Today I'll be sharing a slimline card with


This is a beautiful stencil and there are so many ways to use it.  You have to
check out what the other Design Team members are doing with this stencil!
Let me show you how I made my card.
I first stenciled onto heavyweight white card stock using Simon Hurley Inks.


So pretty!  For inks I used:  Slippery When Wet, Tropical Tango, Midnight
Snack and Crown Me.  I applied my inks with a Pink & Main Ergonomic 
Blending Brush.
Next, I cut my piece into quarters.


I played around quite a bit with placement for these pieces.  In the
meantime, I covered a white slimline card base with a dark blue
card stock that matched the inks.


I finally decided on a layout of the pieces and actually cut one of the
quarters in half.


Next I worked on my sentiment.  I used the Slimline Sentiment Die Set
and die cut the Thank You sentiment.  I cut the backing from the same dark
blue card stock as I put on the base and the actual letters from the same
heavy weight white card stock I did my stenciling on.


As you can see from the dies, the letters cut out separately and then they are
adhered to the base.  I adhered these to my card.  Then for added bling I used
silver prismatic sequins - these are so sparkly!  And my card was done!


This card was so easy to make!  And looks so pretty with the intricacy of
the stencil.  I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and are inspired to give
it go!  This Stencil of the Month is a subscription product.  Once you sign
up it comes automatically to you in the mail once a month.  There are
many other subscription products as well at


If you haven't been to the website now is a great time to go - MASSIVE SALE
GOING ON RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...