Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Poinsettia with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more inspiration from the
December 2020 Release




This is a beautiful set with a variety of nice sentiments!  And at the time of
this post, it's on sale for 20% off!!!!!!!
Let me show you how I made my card!  I start by composing my design in
the computer.  I altered the ink color of the flower cluster to a medium teal
color.  I left the sentiment black.


I went for a more monochromatic look for this design.


The poinsettia centers were the only part I didn't color a shade of teal.


I did some darkening up of the spruce boughs.


I really tried to keep the petals of the flowers light, keeping the darkest
shade right at the base.


Copic colors used:

Centers:  YG00, Y28, YG95, Glaze Y21
Flowers:  BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78
Spruce Boughs:  BG75, BG78

I cut a piece of dusty teal pearlized card stock to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and adhered it
to a white A2 size top folding card base.  I cut my main panel to
3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and adhered to the base.  To add a little sparkle I used a
shimmer pen on the flower centers and spruce boughs.
And my project was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  The design team did an amazing
job with variety of this digistamp set!  Please visit:


Don't forget there's a 20% off sale going on now!!!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my blog!
I appreciate your time and support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles