Monday, November 16, 2020

Stamp of the Month with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing the new


It's so adorable!  This image would also work well for a Get Well card, too.
First I laid out my supplies.


I prepared my base first.  For my A2 size card base I used Whitewash card
stock.  This went really well with the patterned paper.  I used a piece of
embossed dotted green paper for the next layer.  I cut this to
4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I made a separate panel for my center.  My patterned
paper, from the Paper Hearts paper pack, measures 2" x 4 1/2".  I used a
scrap of Whitewash card stock 1 1/8" x 4 1/2" leaving a bit of room for
adhering to the patterned piece.


With a decorative edge die I die cut a piece for the seam that matches the
yellow hearts in the patterned paper.
Next I stamped my image.


Again, I used the Whitewash card stock for a base.  I had decided to used
Prismacolor Pencils and this card stock is perfect for that!
I chose my colors as I went along.  I started with light layers.



I completed each color section before moving on to another.


I was swatching each color group onto a scrap of the Whitewash card stock and
making sure it matched the patterned paper before actually coloring.

Prismacolor Pencils used:
Green:  905, 992, 105, 901, 920, 1006
Yellow:  916, 917, 1011, 1002
Pink:  928, 926, 1031
Brown:  943, 945, 1030, 937


At this point I was undecided if I wanted to use Gamsol on the pencil work. I really
couldn't make up my mind.  I fussy cut the image leaving 1/8" edge around it...super
easy to cut out!  I stamped my sentiment onto the center piece using Simon Hurley
Tropical Tango ink...it was a perfect match!  I adhered my bear with foam tape to give the
 card a bit more dimension.  I added some Glossy Accents to 3 of
the pink hearts in the background and to the nose and eye of the bear.  Then I put
a couple of dots of Nuvo Jewel Drops in Aqua Plains.  My card was done, but
I did decide to use Gamsol on the coloring...I was much happier with how it looked!


I hope you enjoyed today's project!  I love how it turned out!
This project uses the Stamp of the Month which is a subscription product!
There are many more products that you can get by subscription!
Go to BrutusMonroe.com and check out all of their wonderful
products!  There's an awesome sale going on as well!

Thank you so much for stopping by and spending time here at my blog!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...