Wednesday, November 11, 2020

In Love Rose with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you another beautiful design from
the November Release from:


This is another beautiful design from Rachel!  I wanted to make a slimline
and decided on 3 windows with a rose in each.  I was going to add a sentiment
and printed one out, but decided not to use it.  So, I first sized my image and
then made 3 copies of it on my page and printed it out.


After printing this out, I moved to my card base.  After choosing my background paper,
I cut a basic slimline rectangle using a die.  Then I measured this panel to
accomodate 2" square openings.


I cut my 3 squares out of my panel really making sure of the placement of
the die.  

I was really pleased with how this came out...measuring is not my strong point! 😅
I knew I wanted to watercolor these roses, so I had printed this out onto 140lb.
hot press watercolor paper.  I gave it some time to "dry" - I don't have a laser
printer, mine is ink jet.  To minimize ink smearing I like to give the printed piece
some time to absorb into the paper.  This actually works.  My printed is an HP - and
I use HP inks...just in case you were wondering.
I decided to use Prima Marketing Watercolor Confections - Decadent Pies palette.
This is kind of an odd mix of colors, but I really like it.


I painted each petal separately.  I washed it with water...being careful not to wet
the entire petal and dropped color in. Then while it was still wet I went in with a darker 
color and added bits for shadows.This is about as messy as I can get with watercolor. 
 I have to stay in the lines, but I really like the randomness of where and how the color dries.


I really was trying to match my colors to the patterned paper.  And it looked
really nice when done and dried.

I cut each rose out leaving enough paper around it so it would work within the
2" die cut squares.

I adhered them from behind with a liquid adhesive.  I foam mounted this panel
onto a slimline size base and my card was finished!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  Please watch on social media all month
long for inspiration from the Design Team!  It's wonderful release!

Please follow Rachel on Instagram @rachelvassdesigns and
on the Rachel Vass Designs Fan Page on Facebook!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.









No comments:

Post a Comment