Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Sketchy Rose Teacups with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you this beautiful card made with
the November Release from:


This is such a beautiful stamp set.  It has some really great sentiments as well.
Let me show you how I made my card!
I really wanted to stretch my coloring skills so I pulled out my paperwork on 
the Human Rainbow by Sandy Allnock.  On these charts Sandy gives Copic coloring
blends of many skin tones.  I did have exactly the same markers, but I was
close and made it work.
So I first composed my design in the computer and printed it out onto Neenah 80lb.
Classic Crest Solar White card stock.


I started my Copic coloring completing one hand before I started the other.


After the hands were completed I moved onto the tea cups.  I didn't add a lot
of detail to the cups as I wanted the hands to be the focal point.  


Copic colors used:

Skin:  E00, E21, E33, E35, V17
Cups:  B41, B21, RV000. RV02, YG11, G82, Y00, Y02
Fingernails:  RV000, R81, RV02

Gold work: Dr, PhMartin's Copperplate Gold
 Iridescent Calligraphy Color

When my coloring was finished I cut my panel to 3 3/4" x 5". I
then ink blended around the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink.
I backed it onto a panel of black card stock leaving just a very narrow
edge of the black showing.  I made a standard A2 size top folding card
base from white card stock and covered it with embossed gold card stock
that I had in my stash.  I adhered my finished panel onto it
and my project was finished!


I hope you are inspired by today's tutorial!  This is such a wonderful digistamp
set!  This set and many more are available at:



It's a great time to check out Rachel's shop - there's a fabulous sale going on!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you are able to take advantage of this
wonderful sale for an opportunity to own some of Rachel's stamps!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment