Thursday, November 5, 2020

Comfort & Joy with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing with you the stamp set from the newest
Inspiration Box from

Brutus Monroe
Comfort & Joy

This stamp set is so cute and retro!  This took me back to the '60's!!!  The
tv is so spot on it just cracks me up!  Let me show you how I created this
slimline card.
I knew I would be stamping out almost all of the images in the set.  I took
this as an opportunity to use up scraps of my Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar
White card stock.  I stamped everything on it's own scrap of paper with
Raven Detail Ink.


Originally I was going to use the "Home" stamp but ended up not needing it.  I wanted
to make a cohesive scene so I picked out my papers first.  I was really going to a retro
living room vibe.  So I chose a small patterned paper for the wallpaper and a wood look
paper for the floor.  This allowed me to then color match my Copic markers.


I started with the biggest item first.


I did the drapes next.


The windows were quite plain but I added pale blue for the frosty panes of glass!


Copic colors used:

Window:  B60, B00, B0000   Molding/Sils:  W0, W1
Curtains:  YR61, YR02, R14
Curtain Rods:  E31, E33, E35
Chair:  YG11, G82, G94, G99
Chair Feet:  E31, E33, E35, E37
Chair Doily:  C0, C1
Cat:  Y21, Y28
TV:  E31, E33, E35, 1000, C1, C5
Dog:  C1
Welcome Sign:  E31, E33, E35
Rug:  Combination of colors used

Next I prepared my card base.  I made a slimline base from Neenah 100lb
Desert Storm card stock.  My card when folded measures 3 1/2" x 8 1/2".
I adhered my patterned paper and wood paper together and attached it to my base.
I used a scrap of white card stock for the baseboard.


I fussy cut all of my images out and adhered them flat to the card.  I added shimmer
pen to the window frames so they would look all frosty.  I added Glossy Accents to the
screen of the tv to look like glass and then added white highlights with a gel pen.
And that finished my project!


I hope you liked today's tutorial.  It was fun making it!  We would love
to see your creations on the Brutus Monroe Fan Page on Facebook!
Tag us with your makes!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I appreciate it!

Betsy





No comments:

Post a Comment