Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Bountiful Blooms with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  It's New Release Day at

Rachel Vass Designs

Bountiful Blooms



This is another lovely set from Rachel that has A2 size as well as Slimline versions.  She
also includes a letter size version that prints out 4 different layouts at once.  This is
what I used for my project.


Using watercolor paper, I printed out the full size version.  I cut this into quarters and
chose the panel I wanted to use.


I decided to paint my panel with Distress Inks.


I chose a combination that Kristina Werner used on a video a long time ago!  It
has remained one of my favorites.  Here I've painted the background.


I used the background color to also add a bit of color to the center panel.
The Distress Ink colors:
Pumice Stone
Victorian Velvet
Seedless Preserves
Dusty Concord


A very light layer of Victorian Velvet went onto the flowers first.


Next a layer of Seedless Preserves went on.  Then I deepened the shading with Dusty
Concord.
I trimmed this panel to 4" x 5 1/4" and backed it with a panel of deep violet card stock
that measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  Then the entire panel was adhered to an A2 size top
folding card base of putty card stock.  And my card was finished.


I love this color combination so much and using Distress Inks to paint with is so
easy!  Rachel now has a blog where you can see awesome design ideas and there
is a link to her shop!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

















No comments:

Post a Comment