Monday, September 28, 2020

STAMPtember with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  So excited to be sharing the Brutus Monroe STAMPtember stamp set!

Bounty of Wreaths

This is such a beautiful stamp set with 3 distinct wreaths for different occassions!  And they all have their own appropriate sentiments and dies for each wreath are available as well.  All of the wreaths measure approximately 3" so they fit will fit nicely on an A2 size card or a slimline!

For my project, I chose to make an A2 size card.  To begin I stamped out my image in Brutus Monroe Raven Detail Ink onto Neenah 80lb. Classic Crest Solar White card stock.  Then I die cut my image with the coordinating dies.


Normally I have a  plan and color my image.  This time I had a partial plan.  I colored in
the parts of the image that I had a clear direction of what color I wanted to use.


Because there were so many different leaves and flowers, by first coloring in the parts I
was sure of, then I could color balance my image better by using colors I had already chosen
randomly on the bits.


Copic markers used:

Pumpkins:  Y18, YR15, YR18, E29  Stems: YG91, W5, W7
Big Green Leaves:  YG03, YG67
Red Flowers:  R14, R27, R59, R89   Centers:  Y18, R89, E29
Oak Leaves:  Y17, R89
Yellow/Green Leaves:  Y02, YG03
Add'l colors used:  R02, E35

I stamped and trimmed out my sentiment.


I prepared an A2 size top folding card base with White Wash card stock.  It's my favorite!  
Just a bit softer than stark white.  Next I cut a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of the same card stock.


Using the coordinating die, I die cut a mask and placed it on the panel before adhering the
Basket Weave stencil.  I stenciled the panel using a light tan ink from my stash and some 
of Simon Hurley's grrr! ink around the edges and in the middle.  I used an Ergonomic Blending 
Brush from Pink & Main to stencil with.  If you haven't tried Simon's 
inks - they are awesome and blend like a dream!


I adhered my wreath over the masked space with foam tape and added some dark red
enamel dots.  I backed my sentiment onto a scrap of dark red card stock and adhered
that under the wreath.  I placed a small dark red enamel heart on the left side of it.
And that completed my project!


I look forward to STAMPtember all year long!!!  It's been wonderful to have that excitement
to look forward to in this weird time we're living in.

If you love this stamp set from Brutus Monroe you need to hurry!  STAMPtember stamp
 sets sell out so quickly!!!!!




I hope you are inspired by my project today!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use
 from them. All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with 
companies/use products that I love.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...