Monday, August 31, 2020

Falliday Fun with Brutus Monroe



Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is well and ready to swing into fall!  to
help you get into the mood, I've created a fall card using:

Simon Hurley Inks:  Grrr!, Over the Moon,
Bee Sting, Slippery When Wet, Sike Guppy, Later Gator

This project was lots of fun - let me show you how I made my it!
I started with my leaves.  I thought these might take a while to dry so I wanted
to stamp them first.


I set up my 4 leaves on my stamp positioned and using all of the listed colors of
Simon Hurley inks, I stamped the leaves onto white card stock.  I was not going for full 
coverage.  I did some ink kissing on the edges and also some 2 tone stamping - all with a
light touch.  Once they were dry and before I fussy cut them out, I stamped the veins
with the GRRR! ink.  I also stamped my sentiment with a brown hybrid ink.
Next I stamped the truck image using Raven Detail Ink on white card stock.


I love this truck so much! I colored it with Copic markers.
Copic colors used:
BG01, BG15, BG49
C0, C3, C5, C7, 100

Once I was done with the coloring I fussy cut the truck out as well.


I went through my stash and found a piece of plaid paper that had all
the colors I was using!


I prepared an A2 size white card base and cut a panel of the plaid paper that
measures 4" x 5 1/4".  I adhered the plaid panel to the front of the card.  Next
I arranged my leaves along the bottom.  When I was happy with the position of
them, I adhered them down and trimmed off any overhanging bits.


I tucked my sentiment leaf in the bed of the truck and adhered it with liquid
glue, then adhered that piece in the center with foam tape.
I added some crystal glaze to the windows and windshield of the truck,
adhered some small aqua gems and then went over the leaves with a gold
shimmer pen.  And that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  I love this truck so much and fall is my favorite
season, so this was a winner for me!

Find the products I used at Brutus Monroe!
And for more crafty inspiration go to the
Brutus Monroe Facebook Fan Page!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment