Saturday, September 5, 2020

Bulbs of Flowers with Rachel Vass Designs



Hello everyone!  It's New Release Day at




Such a unique stamp set and the Design Team has come up with some 
awesome ideas!  Let me show you how I made my slimline card!

First, I composed my design in the computer.  I decided not to put a sentiment on
this card.  I used a putty colored card stock and printed out my design.  Once
it was printed I die cut the panel with a slimline cutting die from Joy Clair
Designs (their slimline dies are very affordable!)  I decided once again to color
my images with colored pencil.  I used Faber-Castell Polychromos.


I went light at first.  I knew I wanted to get on at least 4 layers of color, so I
deepened the color as I went along.


I also wanted a Fall vibe to my card so I went with an autumn color palette.


I did decide to use Gamsol and a blending stump to smooth out my color.
Colors used:
Bulbs:  101, 154
Nasturtium:  108, 115, 107, 121
Poppies:  111, 121, 217
Leaves/Stems:  170, 167, 185
Arteza Twimarkers:
Bulb Rims:  A222
Hangers:  A236

I chose my background paper and prepared a slimline base from the same
Putty colored card stock as my colored panel measuring 3 1/2" x 8 1/2".


I decided against any bling and really didn't think this design needed any
further embellishment.


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  I love the simplicity of it along with the
warm fall tones.

Please check out Rachel's Etsy shop:


Rachel has a beautiful selection of digital stamps that can be used for so
many occasions!  

Thanks you so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.
 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.







No comments:

Post a Comment