Monday, August 10, 2020

Die of the Month with Brutus Monroe



Hello everyone!
Today I'm bringing you this beautiful Die of the Month from Brutus Monroe!
It's detailed and gorgeous!

To begin, I covered a piece of scrap white card stock with 2" double sided
tape.  My card stock piece was 4" x 5 1/2".  I pressed a piece of glitter foil
over the tape and die cut my image.  I have to say this cut like a dream!


Next I cut the base of my card.  That measures 5 1/2" x 8 3/4".  I scored that
at 4 1/4" and then 1/4" on the longer end.  I used one of the new card stock
colors from Brutus Monroe - Holly.  It's a wonderful deep red!  I folded my
card stock on the score lines and then using a very strong liquid glue
adhered my die cut piece to the 1/4" fold.


So this makes the die cut looks like an envelope flap and when you open
it, the front folds down.  Then you have both panels to write on!  The red card stock
with the glitter gold foil looked very minimal and elegant, but I wanted to just
bring it up a notch.  I chose a piece of paper from the Totally Tie-Dye Collection.
When paired with the gold glitter foil my project looked exotic!  


My die cut was not heavy enough to create a flap that would stay closed
by itself.  I decided to tie the flap down with ribbon so the recipient could
just untie it to open up the card.  To do this, I first used the tiniest circle
from the Circle Foundation Dies and cut 2 pieces from the left over foiled
card stock.  


These fit perfectly over the center part of the flower in the middle.  I adhered
one on top of the other to give this part more stability.  


Then I needed to make holes on either side to thread my ribbon through.  
I first marked the spots with a white gel pen.


I made the holes with my pokey tool and pushed from the inside out.  It just
made for a cleaner hole on the inside and the outside of the holes really don't show.
Finally I heat embossed my sentiment that was from the Extra Sentimental
Stamp Set.  I first heat embossed it with gold but it didn't show up enough.
I had left my stamp in my MISTI so I was able to stamp it again and use
Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder.  I threaded my ribbon through and tied
it in a bow and my card was done!




I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  If you haven't subscribed to the
Brutus Monroe Die of the Month Club check it out on their website:


You will find the Die of the Month and many other monthly subscriptions!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day and
reading my blog!  If you have any questions...please leave it in the
comments section.

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.
 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Joy in the Journey with RubberStamps.com