Tuesday, July 28, 2020

You Are a Rockstar with Brutus Monroe


Hello Brutus Monroe fans!  Seems like I can't get enough of this
stamp set from:


Brutus Monroe Products Used:


I began my project by stenciling onto silver glitter card stock using the
Mixed Media Stencil - Burst and the Green Velveteen Glaze.


I used Pixie Spray on the stencil but I still had some glaze seep underneath.  I was
able to lift most of it out with a small paintbrush and most of it was contained in the
middle area which I was going to cover up anyway.  I set that off to the side to dry.
I gave it 4 hours to dry completely.  Once it was dry I trimmed it to
4" x 5 1/4".
Using a matching green card stock I cut a circle 3 times for the center.


These circles measure 2 1/4".  I glued them on top of one another and then cut
one out of green glitter card stock for the top.  I adhered this circle in the center
of the stenciled area with a liquid adhesive.


Next I stamped my image out onto Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock
with the Raven Detail Ink.


I kept the coloring to a minimum.


Copic markers used:

Tongue/Nose:  E04, R59
Face:  E51, E31, E35, E37, E49
Headphones:  C0, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, Black
Bowtie:  YG06
Collar:  C2

I knew that I wanted to add Stickles to the bowtie, so I colored it green a bit
later.  It gives a nicer look if there's color underneath.  Once I finished the
coloring I fussy cut the image out.
I stamped the sentiment onto the same green yard stock that I used for my
A2 size card base and used a banner die to cut it out.  I backed it with a small
scrap of the silver glitter card stock.
I adhered my green base layer, then my gentled layer and then added my 
stamped images with foam tape.


I waited until last to apply Firefly Stickles.  I know from experience if I put it
on too soon...I'll stick my finger in it!  I also added a bit of shimmer pen
to the collar...it's subtle, but there.
And that completed my card for today!


I hope you enjoyed today's project!  It was so much fun to make!
All that glitz and that dog!...too much!

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate your time
and your interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...