Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Summer Leaf Background with Rachel Vass Designs


Hello everyone!  It's another New Release from

Summer Leaf Background



There's lots of possibilities with this set.  I chose to do a slimline card...
because I'm obsessed with slimline cards!  I liked the idea of the 3 circles
with the design inside.  But I had to plan carefully with the circle cutting
die.  It could have gone wrong so easily!


After some careful measuring, I die cut 3 circles using a double stitched 
circle die that measure 1 7/8" on a 3 1/4" x 8 1/4" white card stock
panel.  All the measuring paid off because it looked very even!!!!!
Next I printed out my image and the sentiment I thought I was going to use
onto Neenah 80b Classic Crest Solar White card stock.  My main image
measured approximately 6" x 6".


I colored my image using Copics.  Using a pencil I drew 3 squares on the
leaf pattern and only colored in those squares.  There was no need to color
in the entire image.

Copic colors used:

G00, YG41, G02

After coloring the squares I cut them and glued them behind each
one of the circle cut-outs.



I love the effect I got with 3 simple circles!  I couldn't make the sentiment
I had originally chosen work with my layout so instead I printed out a
sentiment from the Springtime Background Set.  It was a short sentiment
and I liked how the black of the background tied in with the leaf print.
I printed it out onto a very pale green card stock which I decided to use
for my card base as well.

As you can see when I trimmed it out I left a very narrow border of
the pale green paper showing.  I mounted it on foam tape and placed
it across the center of the center circle of leaves.
I decided to mount this main panel on a piece of black card stock leaving
a very narrow edge of it showing.  Then I mounted it onto the pale
green card base.  And my card was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's project!  It's clean and simple!

To see more of Rachel's fabulous designs go to:


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate
your interest, time and support!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





No comments:

Post a Comment