Saturday, July 25, 2020

Home Sweet Home with Rachel Vass Designs

Hello everyone!  It's New Release Day at

Home Sweet Home



As you can see there are plenty of options in this set!  It's so fun to create with!

To begin I composed my image in my computer and printed it out onto Neenah
80lb. Classic Crest Solar White card stock.  And I laid out my patterned paper
and I also used a matching ephemera frame.


I wanted to keep this card very simple so I colored my image with Copic markers.
I didn't do any shading and used only 2 markers. Since I knew I was going to be
fussy cutting this right up to the edge, I colored outside the lines!  ðŸ˜±


Copic markers used:

House:  BG72
Leaves:  G94
Then I fussy cut my image out and afterward went around the edges
with a water-based black marker.


As I was laying things out I realized that my colored image wasn't going to stand out
quite enough against the other papers.  I glued it onto a scrap of white card stock
and fussy cut it leaving a very narrow white edge.

Next I put my base together.  My gingham piece was cut to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  The
black dotted paper was cut to 3 1/2" x 4 1/4".  I adhered it centered onto the gingham
paper.  The ephemera frame I popped up on foam tape.


I then adhered my colored image onto the ephemeral frame with liquid glue with
one strip of foam tape behind.  For embellishments I used a few enamel dots and a 
small enamel heart.  And that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  I was very inspired by the color palette
of the papers (Carta Bella - Home Again).  It was the
perfect backdrop for this image!  The card is actually going to
someone who just bought a new house!

For more beautiful images visit:

Thank you for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...