Monday, July 20, 2020

Rockstar Pets with Brutus Monroe

Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer!
Today I'm bringing you a fun project using products from:

Products used:

This stamp set is such a blast to create with!  That cat is just too much!
So, I wanted to make a slimline card.  I started with the stencil.  I cut a panel
that was 3 1/4" x 8 1/4".  I used a low tack adhesive spray on the back of
the stencil.


I centered it on point on my panel and started with a tan ink.  Once I was happy
with that I darkened up the edges with Simon Hurley's grrr! ink.  They blended
like a dream.


For the corners, I cut a 4" square of leopard print paper and cut that into 4 diagonal
pieces and adhered them to the corners of the panel.  To give everything a bit more
definition I added dark brown peel-offs along the edges.  Then I adhered this to my
slimline card base that measures 3 1/2" x 8 1/2".


Next I stamped the cat onto some white card stock using a dark brown hybrid ink and 
heat embossed it with Icicle Embossing Powder.  I then colored him with Copics, avoiding
the the embossed lines.


Copic colors used:

Body:  E41, E43, E31, E33, E35, E37
Ears:  R00, E04
Nose:  E04

I fussy cut him out and left a very narrow white outline.  Next I stamped the sentiment
by using a stamp positioning tool and laying the cat image on the card to orient where
I wanted the sentiment.  I stamped it using the same dark brown hybrid ink.


I next adhered the cat flat onto the card using liquid glue.  I added black diamond
glitter glue to the dark spots in the leopard paper...I used a Q-tip to apply it.
Then I added crystal glaze to the cat's glasses.  That finished my card!
For my envelope I used a regular white business size envelope and stenciled
a 2 1/4" stripe down the left side and then stamped the cat image over that
cutting part of him off, using the same dark brown ink.


What a fun project to make!

I hope you've been inspired by my card and envelope today!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate you!

Betsy


In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.






No comments:

Post a Comment