Monday, July 13, 2020

Soar Collection



Hello Quietfire fans!  Today sharing a card I made with the:

available at:

This is a wonderful collection to create with!  Lots of possibilities!
This is what I used for my card today:



First, I prepared my base of pale yellow card stock.  I cut it to 6" x 6 1/4"
and scored it at 3".  I cut my patterned paper to 2 3/4" x 6".
I stamped my images with a black hybrid ink and then heat embossed
them with the Gothic Black Modern Gilding Powders.  Despite my best
efforts with the anti-static powder bag, it was a hot and muggy day so
I did get stray  dots of the embossing powder.  ðŸ˜’


I decided to color my images with Copic markers to make the butterflies more
noticeable.  The colors I used:

Blues:  B00, B32, B23
Pinks:  RV000, R81, R85
Yellows:  Y11, Y02, Y15


I kept the shading to the centers and I was very careful not to let my markers
make contact with the melted embossing powder.  At this point I adhered my
panel to the card base. I felt it needed a bit of shimmer and shine so I first made
little butterfly bodies with light green glitter drops.  I also added just the tiniest
dots I could possibly make randomly over the background.  This really
made the black embossing powders dots seem not to stand out so much.
As a final embellishment I added some tiny clear iridescent butterflies.
And that finished my project!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  Suzanne's work is always
such a job to create with!

Betsy

Don't forget:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...